CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

All is Lost

Today I spent some time thinking about my Grandpa Davis. I thought back to the day of his funeral and how utterly empty I felt. As I looked at his coffin I knew there and then that I would never have that loving adoration ever again. It broke my heart then and it breaks my heart now. I try really hard to be appreciative of what I have when I have it. How did I end up taking him and the love he gave to me for granted? The man was far from perfect, and in all honesty, he was kind of a jerk to everyone else but he really loved me and I loved him despite all his faults. I know that the rest of my family thinks I had a bad case of "rose colored glasses" when it comes to him but I didn't. I knew all his dirty little secrets but I didn't care. I loved him unconditionally. I seem to have a talent for that, maybe too much. I miss my grandpa, I still cry when I think about him, and I sincerely hope that someday, somehow I can have that sort of love back, though I doubt it.

0 comments: